Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dumbfounded & Horrified!

I just went to that beautiful local farmers market I wrote earlier about. I found organic mushrooms. That is it. That is all. Mushrooms.

I asked every vendor. They all said they did not think any of the vendors at the market were organic. They were all right.

There are several vendors who sell only local produce ( I was surprised at the number who sell produce from the US and all around the world - in a small town farming community?! Astonishing!), but not a single one was organic.

I then went to a local health food store and bought some extremely expensive organic items for dinner.

I am currently making homemade bread (made up of partly organic spelt flour, and partly regular flour I had on hand - I do have to use these things up) because I cannot afford to pay $6 to $8 a loaf for fresh organic bread off the shelf.

This is going to be harder than I thought. Still, we will make it work. Somehow.

~SS

No comments:

Post a Comment