Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Journey of a Thousand Miles...





...begins with me standing frozen, staring slackjawed at the sheer scope of the territory in front of me.





I am about to make a commitment (gasp!) to begin to formally acknowledge the process of attempting to become more diligently focussed on discovering the pathway that may lead to the adoption of habitual activities that contribute to engaging myself in an endeavor to become more physically, emotionally and spritually vital.

Does that sound committed enough? I mean it, though. I'm committed to meaning at least that.

I want to get healthy. Really healthy. Healthy like the way we as human beings were meant to be healthy. But man, I'm a sucker for a hot caramel sundae with roasted, salted pecans.

I want better concentration, more energy, softer skin, deeper breathing, sharper memory, higher productivity, more creative creativity.... I want to drop the extra 30 lbs I feel weighing me down. I want to be better, faster, stronger and yeah, hotter.

I'm trying to set myself up to have to face it as a commitment, so I'm going public. Thats what this blog is about. I'm also an artist, so this is a way for me to write consistently and frequently, thereby stimulating my creativity. I'm also efficient, so this is a way for me to kill those 2 birds with one stone (so to speak. This health journey may be pointing me towards vegetarianism - even veganism [is that an ism?], so I might have to re-think my fallback cliches). See how it all ties so nicely together? Sweet.

So, for right now, I'll write about it - my desire to do this. Writing about it is a good place to start. I don't want to dive in too quickly - after all, the journey of a thousand miles does begin with just a single step.

~SS












No comments:

Post a Comment