Saturday, January 28, 2012

Resurfacing....for a moment...

Hello all my lovely ladies....

I have been in recluse mode for several months, primarily due to my heavy workload with school, so I have not been reading, or (obviously) blogging at all.  This program is requiring my complete focus...so the only thing that gets my attention when I'm not studying, is my growing (and growing....and growing...) wee one.

But its a lazy Saturday morning after a week of stressful exams...and I thought of all of you.  I'll be doing a bit of reading this morning trying to catch up on your lives.

I just wanted to let you all know that I am well and even more importantly baby is well.

We found out at our midwife appointment last week that combined with the ultrasound results, my measurements, and I guess some other factors, I am actually further along than we thought.  I am 23 weeks and 3 days along.  Baby's new due date is May 23.

I think we have either a gymnast or a drummer in the making in here....lots of moving and grooving.  What a crazy (and amazingly beautiful) feeling.  We won't be finding out the sex of the baby.  We want it to be a surprise.  We are considering a home water birth as long as the pregnancy remains as healthy as it has been.

Hubby started getting really excited after we first heard the heartbeat and its been a steady incline of excitement for him since.  Its wonderful to see him so eagerly anticipating becoming the wonderful daddy that he will be.  He's painted the nursery (and our bedroom, just for good measure), he's doing lots of little jobs around the house....his way of "nesting" I suppose.  Its very cute to watch and makes me very proud to have chosen this wonderful man as my life mate.

I have a few infertility books that I would like to share with the community...with someone who needs them.  Tomorrow I will do another post specifically regarding this and hold a giveaway.  Please let those who might be interested but do not follow my blog know to pop over and 'enter'.  I would love to give the opportunity to as many as possible.  There is a particularly special book that I actually won through a giveaway here on blogger.  It has changed hands 3 times now and has brought success to each woman who has possessed it.  I would like to pass on its apparent magical qualities!  More on the story in tomorrow's post.

Hugs
~SCS

No comments:

Post a Comment