Monday, July 4, 2011

Time to just not think about it

There really is nothing like it.  I highly recommend it.  If you can manage it.

Sadly - its one of those things...you TRY not to think about it...you just think about it more.

I had a wonderful weekend away with hubby in our nearby metropolitan area.  It was glorious.  We stayed with friends, we ate great food, we saw a ball game & toured a beautiful old district of the city which was reopened a few years ago and now is full of galleries and artisans and a WONDERFUL chocolate shop.  I had their specialty - an intense drink of spicy hot chocolate, thick and rich and sexy.  I also sampled some of their house made gelato...blueberry basil (yes...it was brilliant!), and lemon sour cream (bliss!).  We also went to the 'cool' shopping strip and I got some nice bath things (normally I make my own as I have such sensitive skin that I react to most commercial cosmetics - but this place uses all natural stuff - the same bases that I use really - but they do it SUPER PRETTY!), a beautiful turqoise pendant that I can't stop admiring, and PINK CONVERSE ALL STAR HI-TOPS for my 3 year old neice!  Oh, she is going to LOVE them!

It was so incredibly restorative.  Just what my soul needed.  Now I'm back home and rockin' the program with a positive attitude.

I haven't really had much CM in the last year or so....but the last couple of days I have had a wee bit.  Its CD 11 right now.  So based on what I've read thats a pretty good sign.  I guess I have to watch for EWCM in the coming days & that would be a good indicator that I might actually ovulate this cycle!  Wouldn't THAT be something!  I truly hope that is the only thing that is preventing us from achieving pregnancy.  Hubby's swimmers are good and I have been pregnant before - 2 miscarriages, 7 years ago.  My period came back after being gone for months.  Maybe my ovulation can come back too!

I really hope that I can stay in this positive place for the next few months.  My body seems to be responding well to it!  My mantra for the next several days:

"My body is preparing for pregnancy.  It is about to release a strong, healthy egg which will become fertilized, implant in a healthy uterine lining and settle itself in for a 9 month stay!"
(keep repeating until it happens)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for taking some time to chill - and I know exactly where you went, too! :-)

    I've been reading your posts and wanting to comment, but life just keeps getting in the way.

    As you may have been able to tell from reading my blog (so flattered that you've been reading the old posts!), there is a rhythm to this whole thing. It's a cliche, but it really comes down to the tortoise and the hare story - some of us are hares and for whatever reason able to fast-track it to the finish line and then there are those of us who are taking the long, slow way. When I read the blogs of those who are sprinting, I get anxious, too, and am tempted to sprint (hello 5 failed IVFs of 2010). But we must pace ourselves, my dear - find out whatever information you need to figure out your plan and then carry it out (and revise as necessary). Take breaks, give yourself treats, meditate on it, don't think about it, follow your diet - it is all important. I admire you for taking the natural route first and for sticking to your guns. That takes guts. (And I love the sound of your meditation room - can you post a picture?)

    You are not alone. There are lots of us tortoises out here. Have you checked out Kim's blog? She often comments on my blog and vice-versa as we are taking a similar approach.

    Feel free to e-mail if you ever want to chat.

    verymadhatter@live.com

    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete