Thursday, September 15, 2011

Long Time Coming....

Forgive me, blog sistahs, for I have been distracted.  Its been about 2 weeks since my last post.

Since my last post....  my grandfather has passed away, a dear friend has been woefully, wrongfully accused of a terrible act and is now embroiled in a despicable legal battle - his children, life and freedom on the line, I have been wrapped up in an appeal to receive funding for school, my brother (a recovering addict) has had a slip up, I've rented 2 rooms in our home, got behind on housekeeping and bills, made 3 jars of homemade ketchup, read 3 books, begun teaching 4 new voice students, have not been to either the naturopath or the chiropractor, decided to go vegan (on my way!), drank too much wine and rum, gained 5 pounds, have not taken my vitamins or herbs and am still not pregnant.

I'm tired.  Exhausted really.

Last cycle update indicated I was into the CD60ish range.  Its now CD 20.  I got CD3 bloodwork taken.  I was supposed to go on CD17 for more, but forgot, so I'm going tomorrow instead and just hoping that is ok.  My chart indicates I ovulated on CD9 - but that is just based on temperature.  I really don't get CM...bad sign, I know.  I've also been getting night sweats again.  I had that under control for a while....I think I've officially 'fallen off the wagon'.  Its all very "peri-menopause-like"...I know.

I'm really hoping that going vegan, on top of getting back on the wagon with herbs and vitamins, etc, will help to restore my body's balance.  I know I'm terribly out of balance.  All the hormones and toxins in our food supply are just too much for my body to bear, I think.  I need to lighten its load...give it a break from battling what SHOULDN'T be in it so it can focus on assimilating what SHOULD be in it!

But, for tonight still, after work I will be coming home to yet another big glass of wine and snuggling up with my cat and a new book.

That's about how much pressure I can take right now.

Sorry for the whiny post.  Its about all I have in me today.  In a few days I'll post pics of some of the delicious vegan treats I have been making.  That will be more fun!

xo
~SCS

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear things have been hard the past 2 weeks, I also lost my grandfather this year so you have my very deepest sympathies. Wishing all comes round in time for you and those close to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds like SO much! I feel exhausted just reading that! I'm sorry you're going through that- don't worry about your post sounding whiny, I didn't take it that way all! :-)

    Enjoy the wine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry to hear of all those dreadful things on top of everything else...but I do look forward to seeing your vegan food as I cant stand red meat whilst being pregnant and looking for vegan inspired food

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending hugs and keeping the faith.
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, it sounds like you have been having a tough time. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.

    Don't feel bad about a whiny post-your allowed to have them when required!

    Wow, going Vegan - that's tough work, I know I could never do it. At that meditation course they only feed vegetarian meals and I was okay with it for the first few days. By the end of it, I think I was dreaming about meat! I responded to your question on my blog about the retreats - there seems to be at least 3 in Canada. Just google "Vipassana Canada" and they all come up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have a lot on your plate! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete