Thursday, August 11, 2011

Blogger Award Response - A Blog With Substance

Thank you so, so very much to One Perfect Emby (who's blog is terrific!) for nominating me for this award - my very first!!!  Its so exciting!!


Ok - so I guess the rules are that I am to share 7 things about myself that you all might not know, and then nominate 7 followers to carry the award on.  The challenge is that I only have 5 followers at this point, and one of them is the person who nominated me!  So, I shall nominate the others and hope that as my blog grows so will the number of people who are touched in some way by my story.

7 things about myself:
1) I am a Pescatarian - meaning I eat a bit of seafood, but no meat or poultry
2) I am totally a type-A personality.  A wee bit controlling and obsessive.  My heart is always in the right place but sometimes I know I can put people off with it.
3) I love to cook - I experiment with recipes all the time & its incredibly rare that anything processed comes into our house.  I'm very particular about eating REAL food!
4) I have written about 100 songs (my best guess) - 2 of which have appeared in films (one was a major motion picture with a big hollywood star - he's not so much anymore though)
5) I obsess a bit about food.  I love to eat.
6) I've never been off the continent (North America), but I dream of going to Italy, France & Spain (as well as many other places!)
7) I have many visions of what my "picture perfect life" looks like.  They all involve a child.  One is a country home on a few acres with a big organic garden.  Another is owning a little cafe in a small town serving wonderful food.  Another is travelling the globe playing music, writing, and of course, eating!

Now - nominations.....

Well, the only other blog that I follow that follows me that didn't nominate me is:
  • Late for a Very Important Pregancy
I have 3 other followers, but I'm not sure if they have blogs because when I click on them, it doesn't take me to a blog....so.... if the following folks do have blogs, please consider yourselves nominated! (And please tell me how to access your blogs because I would love to get to know you!)
  • melissac24
  • J Smith
  • Lani
Thanks to all of you for joining me on my journey.  It helps.  It really does.
~SCS

6 comments:

  1. 100 songs!??! Zounds!

    I wanted to pop over to your blog to thank you for leaving a comment on mine. I hope your path to being a Mom becomes more clear sooner rather than later.

    Your newest follower, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination :) It's my first, too. I'm not sure why it's not showing you my blog though. http://missy-inanutshell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really not sure how it works either. When I follow blogs I usually copy the address and go to my dashboard, then on the bottom left of the blogs I read is a button that says "add". I click on that and then add the address of the blog I want to read. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for nominating me I was going to nominate you too but I seen that One perfect emby nominated you, and I am like you not many followers yet I believe I only have 4?!? and one of them is you :)
    but I love reading your posts...

    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind words..you can come to Australia and cook for me anytime I hate cooking whilst singing one of your 100 songs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I am new to your blog but would like to wish you the very best of luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete