Thursday, August 25, 2011

Love, Sweet Love

Its Hubby and my 4th wedding anniversary today.  (Please forgive the poor grammar.  I'm quite certain that 'Hubby and my' is incorrect, but I couldn't seem to find the appropriate sentence structure.  Any suggestions from writers out there?!  lol!)

This morning he got up while I was having my morning tea.  Normally he sleeps in since being a freelance artist he works till 2 or 3 in the morning.  He gave me a big kiss and presented me with an anniversary gift (which we DON'T usually do....usually just dinner and cards).  I've been collecting pottery for about a year now and am trying to convert my day to day dishes a piece at a time to handmade artisan pottery.  I've got a lovely start on the collection with some goblets, mugs, cups and bowls.  The nice thing about pottery is that it doesn't have to be all 'matchy matchy' which I hate.  So, Hubs got me 1 lovely large dinner plate, and 2 stunning 'lunch size' plates.  I just love them!

So we had a nice morning lingering over tea and talking about his pottery hunt adventure.  I ended up being about 10 minutes late for work, but I didn't really care.  It was so nice.

I'm so happy to be so in love with my husband.  I can't imagine ever growing weary of talking to him.  He is my favorite person in the world.

Tonight we go out for a nice dinner.  Prepaid, actually, thanks to the magic of a 'Living Social' deal.  (I love WagJag, Groupon and Living Social!  I'll never pay full price for a haircut or a facial again!!).

Then we go home and prepare for our weekend away with friends.  Looking very forward to it.

Its nice to think about stuff OTHER than IF for a while.  Its kind of like finally exhaling.

Hugs all.
~SCS

4 comments:

  1. Happy 4th anniversary !!! How exciting!!1

    We are celebrating our 8th anniversary this weekend even though its really Tuesday as we are off for a two day holiday woo hooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary :) I hope you had a lovely weekend and avoided all fertility related things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey have you got an email address I can email you so I can get your postal address for the book...

    Looks like your the only one who entered so I am more then happy to share it with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to do that with our dishes as well! But even a one-plate splurge is out of the question for a while. You should post pics of them! And Happy (belated) Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete