Friday, June 24, 2011

Chiropractor & Other Stuff

Chiropractor


**Now I know why health care providers are given cute nicknames on blogs.  It's annoying to write 'chiropractor' or 'naturopath' over and over again!  I'll have to come up with some cute nicknames.**


I want to talk about my initial visit with the Chiropractor this morning because it was just so great!  First, what a nice man!  Young (40s), friendly, compassionate and I think THOROUGH!  We talked a lot about Chiropractic care and fertility issues and he was right on track with some of the things I have read in the last week.  He asked me a number of questions about the fertility history and understood all that I told him.  He and his wife struggled for a little while too, but they got it sorted out through charting & the support of clomid.  He asked questions about my physical symptoms and I was able to clearly articulate my current state as well as my history (I've had to dredge through it enough recently - and I'm feeling more in tune with my body....recognizing when I'm feeling a certain way).  He seemed to think the story was fairly typical.


He took me into a room and took some x-rays.  Then he used these little gun devices with wires attached that went into a laptop.  He 'scanned' my spine from top to bottom with these and the laptop display registered areas of misalignment, pressure, compression, etc.  The results were incredible!  He could have looked at this picture without talking to me and told ME all the concerns that I had just told him!  In fact, the laptop brought to surface a few things I had neglected to mention!  I was blown away.  Yes - my breathing is laboured and heavy.  Check.  Yes, my foot bothers me from a fall a little over a year ago.  Check.  And, yes indeedy, my cycles are irregular and I have not been able to conceive!  Then he did this foot scan thing which we will talk about next appointment, but I could clearly see from the scan against what is supposed to be 'normal' that we have a lot more to discuss!


Then he lies me down on the table and presses along my pelvis.  "You are really jammed up!" he says.  "When I push down here it should be springy, but you're really tight."  He presses up and down my spine and basically pinpoints all the areas that are sensitive, tender and generally a problem for me. 


"I think I can help you"  he says.  "at the very least I can help move your body back to a place where it is no longer hindering your efforts so dramatically"


I see him again Monday morning.  I can't wait!


Blogging
I'm very new to this blogging thing, despite having signed up here over a year ago.  I have found several blogs to follow and one that I'm in the process of reading through before I get to any more (Mad Hatter's blog "Late for a Very Important Pregnancy"  check it out!  I'd put a link if I knew how!).  I am working my way through it steadily - a lot of reading, and a lot of information!  I am also reading all the comments which provide so much information too.  I can't wait to get to know and visit some of the other IF bloggers out there.  But I think I may be staring at the screen too much.  I'm getting headaches.  I don't normally get headaches.  Regardless, I am so glad I found this - its a release for me and helps me to feel that I am not alone.  But please excuse me in advance (and let me know!) if I make some sort of etiquette faux pas....I'm only just starting to learn!


Fertility Friend
I have signed up on Fertility Friend which I have read so much about thru MH's blog.  I have been charting my cycles (if you can call them that) on paper for a year now, but this online resource looks far more dynamic.  My ND says that if it works for me and still provides all the info she wants, then it works for her too.


I drank wine last night and had pasta and bread for dinner.  I figure I got AF, so what the hell.  Plus I was really, really bummed and just wanted to wallow in self pity.  Today I feel much better.  AF looks good (I'm calling this CD1 as yesterday was really just more spotty) despite having taken a while to come.  Plus I am armed with a whole arsenal of weapons in my battle:
-Naturopathic consisting of TCM and Acupuncture
-TCM herbs
-Supplements (Multi, Iron, Thyro-set, CoQ10) - the thyro set is for gentle support, my thyro tests normally
-Chiropractic
-Charting on FF (BBT, CM, other SandS)
-My own documenting of my daily routines and SandS
-Meditation
-Yoga
-Aromatherapy for relaxation
-an AMAZING hubby
-Blogging and finding some more friends out there who know what I'm going through.  Looking forward to 'meeting' you and getting to know you all!

Many of these are new - just within the last couple of weeks - thanks for the most part to MH's blog and the comments on it!  I will be taking some time now to see how they all fit into my life and schedule.  I'm finding there are simply not enough hours in the day, and I'm still getting to bed about an hour later than I'd like to!

But for now, its Friday afternoon.  I just spent an hour here at work writing this instead of working.  Its almost time to wrap up and go home.  I was supposed to go to the gym but cancelled because AF is too heavy (I don't like to work out CD1-3, I get nervous about leaking).  Hubby is taking me on a date.  Indian Food.  A glass of wine.  A nice, long, hand held talk over the table, looking into his gentle, caring brown eyes & then a stroll either down the main drag of our small city, or in the park a few blocks from the restaurant.  That's the pace I'm longing for tonight.  I'm already melting into the thought of it....

~SCS

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments on my blog! I just got back from the chiro and I feel so much better since I have seen him. My back is definitely more springer, I am standing straighter and I feel better. Isn't it amazing when you realise the areas that "aren't working" and there are some reasons for that! Here's to me and you being success stories of chiro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chiropractic adjustment is a quick thrust applied to a vertebra for the purpose of correcting its position, movement or both. Adjustments are often accompanied by an audible release of gas that sounds like a 'crack.' The sound sometimes shocks people a little bit the first couple times they get adjusted, but the sensation is usually relieving. Occasionally, minor discomfort is experienced, especially if the surrounding muscles are in spasm or the patient tenses up during the chiropractic procedure.
      chiropractors yorba linda

      Delete

  2. Everyone lies to their doctor at some point. Though the reasons that patients lie are complicated, it is an inescapable fact that your doctor can only do his job if he has the right information. It can sometimes be difficult and embarrassing to tell the truth, but your doctor will be happy with your honesty, and will be better able to help you. http://www.md247.com

    ReplyDelete