Monday, June 20, 2011

Two Line Trick

My period is late. By 3 weeks. I took a pregnancy test this morning. One of the generic strips that my naturopath provides me for $2 - they are the same thing as the $30 tests you buy in the pharmacy, but just the guts & not the fancy plastic packaging.

So, I peed. It was a bit awkward trying to get the pee on the right spot, but the colour started to change, so I figured I was doing it right. One sort of half line appears....the test line to show that the test is working....and then in front of that, a second faint half line appears...

WHAT? Could it really be??????

I compare it to the drawing on the little package.....yep....2 lines. I wake my husband. Yep....2 lines. They are only half lines though....what does that mean???? I think, maybe I should do the 'pee in a cup and dip the strip in' thing....maybe that would give a clearer result. I remember reading that there are such things as false negatives but not really false positives. Hope is beginning to bubble up in me....!!! Could this really be happening?!?!

My stomach has been upset the last few days. I've been emotional (but thats not really out of the ordinary). My appetite is off. Maybe this is for real!!!!!!!!!

I have a second test - but no more pee. Well, I guess I will have to wait. I do my usual morning routine. Cup of tea. Glass of water. A little breakfast. Another cup of tea to bring into work. In the back of my mind is 'don't drink too much & dilute things' - while at the front of my mind is 'gotta make pee. gotta make pee.'.

About 20 minutes ago I did the second test here at work.

One line.

Just one line.

No comments:

Post a Comment