Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Let's Make a Deal!

I find myself lately trying to make deals to make this happen. This weekend I went to my folks cottage. My husband and I got married there, on the shoreline at sunset. We also had our first holiday there together when we first started dating. We burned sweetgrass in the fire at the shoreline - right where we said our marriage vows 3 years later. (Sweetgrass became the name of our musical duo for a short time after that)

Anyway, there I was, at sunset, watching the water sparkle and listening to the lapping on the rocks...weeping...making a deal with the spot. It's an important spot, right? There is some sort of energy, or magic there. It must have some power to help us. So I beg it....the spot....to help us. I think of the earth, water, air & fire all meeting in this one place & feel like its GOT to be powerful. I promise to do more...all that I can...to strive to preserve the earth & environment in whatever way I can, if it will only help us. I beg my father, who's ashes we sprinkled into that water just last fall...to help us. I begged my grandmother, who we said goodbye to little more than a month later....to wrangle something up there in Heaven for me....(because if anyone up there could do it...she could).

I'd make a deal with my car if I thought it would help. My shampoo. My guitar. My teacup.

I might start trying.


~SCS

No comments:

Post a Comment